Friday, April 23, 2010

Amtrak Cascades

I love trains and I love traveling by the train. I recently went to Seattle on Amtrak Cascades to visit my son and granddaughter. Traveling by train is my favorite way to travel. Everyone is so nice, professional, gives great service. It is so much easier than driving to travel by train. You can relax, read, look out the window, work on your computer, or eat in the Bistro car.

The Bistro car has delicious food selections at reasonable prices. James in the Bistro car is efficient, personable, and nice. He's great on the loudspeaker.

The U.S. Department of Energy reports that Amtrak is 20% more energy efficient than commercial airlines and 28% more efficient than cars. Traveling by train is a green choice.

The next time you plan your vacation go to amtrak.com or call 1-800-USA-RAIL.

I looked in the maps across the United States and I was shocked and surprised that there isn't a train route linking Cleveland, Ohio to Columbus, Ohio or Columbus, Ohio to Cincinnati, Ohio. There should be a direct route from Cleveland to Cincinnati through Columbus, in my opinion.

Everyone I talk to on the train enjoys traveling by train. There are businessmen, students, attorneys, grandmas visiting grandchildren and families. It's so much easier and you are well taken care of.

Be sure to take your headphones because they show movies.

No comments: