Thursday, April 27, 2006

American Idol

Wednesday is Weight Watchers and American Idol. I woke up this morning thinking about American Idol and the opportunities for participants.

Yesterday I had a gain of .4. After WW, I went over to the club to exercise. On the elliptical runner on cardio theater, I was watching C-Span coverage of the Senate. I glanced over at the screen next to me and saw Bo Bice on a music video. He's living his dream. Bo didn't win last year but he's up there singing his heart out on a music video. How glorious! All because of Simon Cowell, American Idol, and FOX.

I love watching American Idol and the talented young people. Wednesday is hard though. You have to watch someone go home. What is wonderful is that even those who are voted off go on to continue their dream. Bo Bice on a music video. Lisa Tucker on OC. Yes, it was time for Kellie to go but I have no doubt that she will go to a music video of her own. I love all the young people up there. What talent! They all deserve to win and I believe they will with opportunities after the show.

Yesterday I finished 60 minutes on the elliptical runner and 60 minutes in the deep water. I'm concerned that gas prices are going to squeeze opportunities to drive into Corvallis for exercise and weight watchers.

I saw a yellow-headed blackbird for the first time yesterday at the feeder in the window. I had to open my field guide to identify her. I put out suet for the Steller's Jays who scream from the White Oak trees when it's not there. The American Goldfinch are here for the thistleseed and hummingbirds hover to dip into the sugar water feeders. All in my window to watch for my cats and me as I write or read.

No comments: