Monday, July 09, 2007

ON THE LOT

I've been saving the FOX reality show ON THE LOT on my Tivo. They were backed up and I decided to skip ahead and watch tonight's show so I could vote.

This is my favorite show on television. If this show doesn't spark the imagination and light a fire under all screenwriters and filmmakers, I don't know what would. It's perfect. I love the format of this exciting show with executive producers, Mark Burnett from Survivor and Steven Spielberg, the BEST Director of all time. No wonder it's great!

The opportunity to see Carrie Fisher, Gary Marshall, and guest directors react and to see how they critique the films is invaluable to all screenwriters and filmmakers.

The short film, TIME UPON A ONCE directed by Zach Lipovsky was pure genius and magic. I love the way his mind works.

The charming fairy tale, THE LEGEND OF DONKEY-TAIL WILLIE directed by Hilary Graham was fun. I agree with Gary Marshall and was "engaged and involved with it."

SPAGHETTI directed by Will Bigham was my favorite of the first three. I've always loved westerns. When I was in grade school, I used to write my own scripts for Gunsmoke. I always included a commercial and a joke. I loved the story bringing the clash of the new with the old.

It makes me dream of a digital video camera, editing software, and a new computer.

FIRST SIGHT by Shalini Kantayya was an important film with a message. I wonder what kind of films with value and character Shalini will create in the future that will evoke thought and self-examination.

Of all the filmmakers, Adam Stein is my favorite. WORLDLY POSSESSION was clever, inventive, and amazing with the special effects.

Everyone's so gifted and amazing. ON THE LOT will inspire young and old filmmakers all over the world. Everyone will win because of the great films that will be created.

That's a wrap. Fade out.

No comments: