Sunday, January 10, 2010

Under The Dome

Stephen King's new bestselling suspense novel is Under the Dome. It's a riveting read about a small town community, the corruption, the hidden darkness within people that comes out during stressful emergencies, and the valent effort of a brave few to right wrongs. It shows how out of control people get and the lack of judgment and how people trust leaders without question. It shows how people don't think but act and act badly. It shows how crowds take on a life of its own and how dangerous it is to be in a crowd that's out of control. It shows religious people who weren't so religious on the inside or religious in their behavior.

As I was reading I thought of my favorite artist, Peter Paul Breugel and his crowd scenes of people. I thought about this book looking into the souls of all the people under the dome and looking at all that goes on. Then it made me think of how I feel when I see all the lights of Seattle at night and wonder about all that is going on behind the lighted windows--the drama, the families, the sadness, and people working late. I look forward to the next novel of Stephen King, the master story teller.

No comments: