Thursday, March 08, 2012

My Birthday



I turned 64 on February 25th. What I wanted to do was go roller skating. I haven't been on roller skates since the early 1980's in California when I skated with my kids outside. I used to be serious about roller skating in junior high in Salem, Oregon but that was a very long time ago.

I didn't think I was going to be able to stand up because I was even having trouble standing on the carpet at first. After about an hour, I was skating around almost as fast as my son, and Amanda, his wife.

It was a wonderful day. We went to the Rusty Pelican in Wallingford for breakfast and I ordered my favorite, Garden Skillet. Then we went for a cupcake at Trophy Cupcakes and I had the chocolate cupcake with white butter cream frosting, my favorite.

I wish there were more roller skating rinks around. Roller skating is pure fun.

No comments: