Friday, March 09, 2012

My Job



My job at the Seattle Times telemarketing center didn't work out. I wasn't able to make the required quota of daily/Sunday subscriptions each week. I needed 16 every week in order to stay. I was told last week that if I didn't make the quota, Friday was my last day. It was a great job, great hours, health care benefits, and close to my home. I wanted it to work out so I felt sad to leave.

Everyone with whom I worked was different from one another so it was interesting. Each call was a challenge. I believe in print media. I believe in newspapers. I love the Seattle Times and I'm a subscriber. I believe in newspapers with the same irrational love that I have for trains. It's in my blood. So I don't understand anyone who doesn't share the same feelings. A newspaper, a great one like the Seattle Times that has won 8 Pulitzer prizes, is a blessing to any community with the highest standard of journalism, reporting, and commentary. It is the pulse of the area. It gives you important information that everyone needs to know. I consider it essential.

The best part of working for the Seattle Times was the birthday card I received from Michael Shepard, senior vice president, business operations. It was an honor to briefly work for the Seattle Times.

No comments: