Sunday, January 06, 2008

The Greatest Presidential Debate

This was the BEST Presidential debate I have ever watched on television.
Thank you, ABC!
Thank you, New Hampshire!
Thank you, St. Anselm College!

We need more and frequent presidential debates just like this one in each state to keep democracy strong and alive. This is the BEST reality television and one that is the most important to our nation. We need to hear all the candidates. We need the interaction. We need debate. As Obama said, we need to "end the politics of fear." We need more debate in our country with people unafraid to stand up for their opinions to keep our nation strong.

It is debates like this and the caucus in Iowa that keeps the democratic process alive in our country. I still want to know why no one is concerned about protecting the integrity of the voting process and dealing with the tampered voting machines of the last two presidential elections.

This kind of debate allows the American people a look at each candidate without the script and shielding that often occurs among people in the public eye. We saw more truth tonight than in any other debate. This is good and needs to happen more often. Thank you ABC! Please have more of them and have them more often.

I didn't expect to like Huckabee and I liked him best among Republican candidates. My feelings and opinions about Romney were confirmed. I would never consider voting for him. In my opinion, he came in last among Republicans. I liked McCain and his strength. Of course, Guliane was a strong candidate and has a great background to handle the problems in the office of the President. The only Republican that I would consider voting for is Guliane, but I am going to vote Democrat.

I didn't know our country was up to 9 trillion dollars in debt. Bill Richardson mentioned this figure. That could pay for a lot of health care and take care of a lot of problems in our country. Richardson also pointed out that we are 29th in the world in math and science.

Yes, a vote for Hilliary Clinton is a vote for strong women every where in this nation. I have been seriously considering supporting Hilliary after listening to Susie Orman on OPB. Women don't even have equal rights under the U.S. Constitution in 2008. But I keep thinking back to the failure of Hilliary Clinton to bring about change as First Lady when she was given the project to create a health care system for our nation. Not only that, but she didn't partner and work with Al Gore as the Vice President, who could have been a real agent of change to put forward health care reform. Yes, she is a strong woman and has accomplished many political goals to make things better in this country. She is qualified to be President, unlike some of the men for whom it is questionable. I may still vote for Hilliary.

The clear winner to me was former Senator John Edwards from South Carolina. I could have stood up and cheered in my living room as he came alive telling his personal story about fighting for justice and how he will fight for the middle class and all Americans. He was the clear winner, in my opinion. He is strong and he has courage. I want John Edwards as the candidate for the Democratic party. He has a clear message of needed change for this country. America needs him. We all need him to win. He understands the heart of America and what needs to be done. I didn't know this about him until the debate tonight. I'm grateful that I watched the four hour debate on ABC. John Edwards is my candidate of choice out of all the candidates running for the office of President.

As far as the economy, Bloomberg is the one with the greatest background to handle the difficult problems ahead, but I think John Edwards will do just fine. I am confident he will do what it takes to make our nation strong again. I still like Obama but I liked John Edwards the best last night.

No comments: