Friday, July 30, 2010

Atlas Shrugged

I have been having fun reading ATLAS SHRUGGED by Ayn Rand. I have read some of her books in college and I am revisiting her writing. This book is about trains, which I love, and a great heroine, Dagny Taggart. It is a mix of philosophy, business, and great drama. I have been reading the 35th anniversary edition while listening to the audio book at the same time so I can become completely lost in the story.

It's fun to read about d'Anconia Copper Mines when it makes me think of my grandfather who was an engineer at the Anaconda Copper Mine in Great Falls, Montana. My grandfather died a month before I was born so I didn't ever get to know him.

The perfect place to read this book would be on an Amtrak vacation as you cross the country from one coast to the other and back again.

No comments: