Friday, July 30, 2010

My Garden

As I was watering my garden this morning and walking around my yard, I keep being reminded of things that have changed at times when we have been away from Alsea. Take for example, my Shasta Daisy......... The first thing that was done to it was a cutting of the center. I didn't do it. My husband didn't do it. I didn't give permission for anyone to do it. Then the crowded multiple plants stuck together were taken away and out of my yard leaving one plant. I didn't do it. My husband didn't do it. I didn't give permission for anyone to do it.

This kind of stuff happens when we are gone away from Alsea and I want it to stop. I come home to find the center branches out of new trees cut off to prevent it from growing too tall. I know how to do all this stuff or I can look it up in a gardening book or in a gardening magazine or look online at all the great gardening websites. I went through the OSU Master Gardening program in 1999 in Salem, Oregon so that I could learn more about gardening.

No one has the right to come into my yard to tend my yard and garden. No one has permission. I have lots of No Trespassing signs posted and I need to put more up along our 3.68 acres.

The point is that it makes me feel like until this mystery is solved, until I know who is doing this, until it is stopped, I can't leave with my husband for any length of time. I don't have the money for expensive cameras and monitors.

No one also has permission to come into my house. So many things have been missing over the years like photos, journals, books, original art. What is the point of drawing and painting when some of the art that I am most proud of was stolen? What is the point of writing when it is stolen out of my house? How do I protect myself from people coming into my house when I am gone? All kinds of things have been missing--fabric, documents about my inventions and the e-mails to the engineering department at OSU, letters, things I have written, etc. Not fair. How much do I have to lose?

Either it is a professional crook or someone is abusing their position of power and authority to get into my house.

Guess I am staying home. Guess I am not going to Ohio or Washington since no one is helping me prevent and solve the problem. I wrote to two national political leaders with no answers or response. I guess I have to give up all my dreams because everything I try is squelched. Guess I was born into the wrong area, the wrong time, around the wrong people in order to bloom and become all I can be.

No comments: