Friday, July 30, 2010

Writers Digest

The latest issue of Writers Digest Magazine came in the mail yesterday. I have already read half the issue. It's full of great writing inspiration, ideas, and motivators to get a writer writing. I love reading writing magazines, writing books, and writing. It's part of me. Maybe I will never have a novel published or more articles published or my poetry appreciated but I write anyway.

I'm grateful for Writers Digest Magazine. "USING FRUSTRATION, HURT AND ANGER TO FUEL YOUR WRITING" by Bill O'Hanlon really jumped out at me in this Big 10 issue packed full of articles every writer needs to read. Often when things happen to me or I feel victimized, I keep it inside and not write. This article talks about the power that transfers onto the page when you write about it. I guess I should write a memoir about living in Alsea the last 10 years, and then another memoir about my feelings and experiences with religion, and then a memoir starting at the beginning in Libby, Montana. I guess my question that keeps raking at me is so I let myself write my heart out with novels or memoirs or juvenile fiction........will it arrive at the destination? will it be wanted? will it be taken out my house when my husband and I leave for a few days? Yes, I feel insecure about it. Number 9 says "write yourself out of or through a crisis," and number 6 says to "write to deal with fears or trauma." I've lived through too much loss and trauma. Maybe I should write how I want my life to be.

No comments: