Saturday, August 26, 2006

A Fairy Tale Wedding

When your children marry, all you want as a parent is their happiness. This is all I have ever wanted for all of my children.

My son, Benjamin married Amanda on August 20th in the rose garden at the Woodland Park Zoo in GreenLake, which is part of Seattle. It was a fairy tale wedding in a beautiful setting. Ben's brothers, Joe and Daniel stood beside him in support as I looked on with pride sitting next to my husband, their father.

At the reception, Joe sang a song created by Joe and Sharon Label, Amanda's mother to the tune of "Going to the Chapel." It outlined Ben and Amanda's journey of love that brought them to the garden in marriage. It was cute. Joe also sang a selection from Andrew Lloyd Weber accompanied on the harp by Karyn Jones.

Daniel made a magnificent speech as the best man. He's always great in front of a group.

The food catered at the reception at the Zoo couldn't have been a better selection or variety. It was delicious.

Amanda and Ben are both happy and I'm happy for them both as they start their new life together. They are off to Tahiti for the honeymoon on the beach, surf and the sun. They have a beautiful home in Green Lake and the years ahead to share together.

Although it was only a few days of meeting Ben's new family, it was nice to meet everyone and get to know Amanda's family. The blending of families makes life much richer.

The garden wedding among the gorgeous roses makes me want to start a rose garden of my own here in Alsea. It sure was beautiful and I don't see how it could have been nicer.

No comments: