Monday, February 11, 2008

Chow Mien

I learned how to make chow mien through the community education program through LBCC in Corvallis tonight from instructor, Chenhui Ho. Oh, it was good! What fun it is to learn how to make new dishes and meet nice people. Chenhui Ho is such a nice lady whose smile spreads across her face and fills the room. We enjoyed learning from her. I know I did. Thank you.

I learned how to make chinese noodle dishes and soups. I learned about new ingredients at the Asian Store where I shop on 9th Street in Corvallis, like dried mushrooms. I sure had a nice time.

It was fun to see people I've met before in Master Gardening and writing. There was a biologist, a children's writer, master gardeners, an engineer, a computer software CEO, teachers, and more. It sure is fun to take these classes to learn new things and connect with people in the community.

I get in a rut with my cooking. I make stir fry but I usually make it the same way. I cut up carrots, onions, broccoli, celery, and cauliflower and mix it up in a big bowl and stuff quart size plastic storage bags to put in the refrigerator. I also add mushrooms, bell pepper, zucchini to a small bag that I put in the top of the quart bags for stir fry during the week when I'm home. I add slices of barbeque pork or teriyaki chicken on a bed of rice with the veggies. Now I can mix it up and try something new.

No comments: