Sunday, February 03, 2008

Invention

I have had several ideas for inventions through the years but have not had the money to do anything about it other than dream. One of my best invention ideas came to me in 1997 when my husband took me to Disney World in Orlando, Florida for our 25th wedding anniversary. My mother had been refusing physical therapy and her legs were starting to atrophy so my concern generated an invention for passive exercise which I later shared with several professors in the engineering department at Oregon State University asking for help to get my invention off the ground to no avail. This invention could also work for long distance flights for passengers who sit for hours with the potential of creating blood clots in the legs because of lack of movement. I told my son, Benjamin who recently traveled to Singapore 17 hours each way to be sure to walk the isles several times during the flight and to raise his legs up and down while sitting to which he said, "yes, Mom," while probably rolling his eyes on the phone.

My invention for the day is for a new type of shower which I'll share with you since I have no money to do anything about this or anyone to work with me. My shower is a cylinder with several layers of jets up and down the body of the inside that recycles the water with a large ceiling shower head. There might even be a heat option so you don't even have to dry with a towel. There could be different choices of intensity for massage features that could be beneficial for everyone. My shower would have a nonskid bottom. This shower would make it possible to shower in minutes or longer since you don't have to worry about the water useage.

No comments: