Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Confucius

I've been collecting Confucius quotes, writing them on paper, and taping them near my computer.

Here are the ones I've collected so far.

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand."

"Silence is a friend who never betrays."

"Speak the truth, do not yield to anger, give, if thou art asked for little; by these three steps thou wilt go near the gods."

"Success depends upon previous preparation and without such preparation, there is sure to be failure."

"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself."

"Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes."

"Is virtue a thing remote? I wish to be virtuous, and lo! Virtue is at hand."

"If you look into your own heart, and you find nothing wrong, what is there to worry about? What is there to fear?"

No comments: