Sunday, April 20, 2008

Overleaf Lodge

On Saturday night, April 19th, Leslie and I stayed at the Overleaf Lodge in room 106 that opens onto the historic 804 trail next to the ocean in Yachats. On the 17th, Les and I celebrated our 36th wedding anniversary. We eloped to Reno on April 17th in 1972 so long ago.

The 804 trail is perfect for walking or running. It sure made me want to run, run, run......... I did take off for a few brief moments in my New Balance running shoes that I bought from http://www.roadrunnersports.com/. 1-800-551-5558. My shoes wanted to fly.

Before we checked into the Overleaf Lodge, we had fish and chips at the Blue Whale in Yachats and then for dinner went over to Waldport to eat at the new Subway.

I had such a nice time. Anyone who loves the beauty of the ocean, great trails, and a resort hotel where they spoil you rotten, needs to stay at the Overleaf Lodge in Yachats. The free continental breakfast is amazing. I loaded up on fresh fruit and fruit juice. Then I decided to partake of the blackberry scone that was loaded with berries. I didn't try it until we checked out and then I wished I had grabbed another. Delicious!

I took some great photos of a spectacular sunset and this morning I took five pictures of a bird posing on the end of a stick with the ocean waves as the back drop. I wanted to get a spectacular ocean photo with a seagull swooping by at the right moment but it didn't work out. Maybe next time.

On Saturday night Les and I went into the lobby and played canasta to 5,000 points and he won. Then I found this exquite chess set next to the fireplace that was calling my name. The pieces were carved into the shapes of birds. Les and I played chess the night before at home so on Saturday night with this great chess set, I won.

We also enjoyed the spa and sat in the warm bubbling water next to the windows overlooking the ocean. Perfect!

Anyone who wants to get away for a perfect weekend, call the Overleaf Lodge in Yachats and make a reservation. 1-800-338-0507 You'll come back every chance you can and you'll have a wonderful time.
http://www.overleaflodge.com/

This was a Christmas gift from our son, Benjamin and his wife, Amanda who live in Green Lake, Washington. Thank you! Green Lake is part of Seattle and has that amazing walking trail around Green Lake that everyone loves.

No comments: