Friday, December 05, 2008

Dr. Rob Nebeker

Dr. Rob Nebeker is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and a doctor with Benton County in Corvallis. My husband was prescribed medication by Dr. Nebeker that sedated him to the point where he was too drowsy to drive. He would fall asleep just sitting in a chair during the day watching television. Dr. Nebeker gave him this medication with the knowledge that my husband was driving back and forth to Salem from Alsea five days a week to finish a mission assignment for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to help members in an eight stake area find employment. Dr. Nebeker ignored a letter that my husband gave to him that I wrote outlining my concerns, fears, and questions about the high doses of medication prescribed by him. Dr. Nebeker did nothing to make sure my husband was safe or received the care he needed when trying to get off this medication.

Could it have been done on purpose since my husband and I were challenging church doctrine and practice? Did Dr. Nebeker violate his trusted position as a doctor?

No comments: