Friday, April 17, 2009

Doctors and Health Care

I was recently sent an evaluation form for a doctor. I ignored it for a couple of weeks. I didn't want to fill it out. After my husband kept nudging me to fill it out and send it in, I finally did. I answered it honestly based on my experience as I stood in my shoes. After I sent it in, a part of me wished I had shredded the evaluation and not turned it in. I don't like the idea of judging someone who went to medical school and who really tries even if they don't always hit A-level behavior. Then I thought about it some more and realized that a check and balance system is necessary. Doctors aren't gods who must be revered and never challenged or questioned. Everyone is human. Everyone has a right to an opinion. If it weren't for lawyers who keep people on their toes and journalists who dig up the truth, only crooks would rule.

No comments: