Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Skandia Folkdance Society of Seattle

This evening I went to a beginning class taught by members of the Skandia Folkdance Society of Seattle at the Phinney Neighborhood Center located at 6532 Phinney Avenue N.

I had a wonderful time. It was so much fun. Lots of turns and pivots. I was horrible at it all but had a great time. I joined and look forward to next week. It's not easy.

Everyone was so kind and welcoming and really helped me. I love it. I look forward to learning and growing.

I've been wanting to join ever since I heard about the Skandia Society and have seen notices on Facebook of events. It always looked like so much fun and so charming to be part of this group. When I first moved to Seattle, I created a notebook of all the things that I wanted to do and groups I wanted to join. I googled and binged and searched for everything I wanted.

I really like everyone and hope they like me.

I'm half Swedish. My grandparents on my father's side were born in Sweden. Someday I want to visit. Actually I'd like to live in Sweden.

The next best thing is to be part of the Skandia Society.

www.skandia-folkdance.org/

No comments: