Tuesday, March 11, 2008

What I want..............

This morning I turned on Direct TV and looked at my horoscope to find that it said, "You deserve to have what you want--not approximately but exactly. Be as specific as possible, and stand back in amazement at how precisely the universe was listening to you."

I thought to myself, Why, that sounds great! So I started writing on 3 X 5 cards everything I want and taping them by the television. Here's my list so far:

Finish 2 plus novels a year. Write lots of screenplays that inspire and make millions. Travel the world in safety. Opportunities to help people, protect the environment, animals, and inspire people to be the best they can be. Health care for all, no homeless, healthy food and clean water for all, world peace, and protection of the planet. $5 million winner in Oregon lottery. Weigh 135 pounds through diet and exercise. Able to afford to buy condos near my children. Dance, sing, and laugh often. $700 million winner from national lottery. Able to attend writing conferences. Winner of $5,000 a week for life from Publishers Clearing House. A new bright yellow Toyota Corolla with temperature control. Time to read 4 hours a day. Time to write 8 hours a day. Time to exercise, swim, lift weights every day for 3 hours at a luxury gym. Surrounded by trust-worthy, smart people. Always have fresh, healthy food to eat. Live a long time with perfect health. Opportunities to make people happy and laugh. No war. No crime. People who are kind to each other in the world. No drugs. No mean people. Visit Sweden every year and own a home in Sweden. Opportunities to speak to large groups. A 10,000 sf house overlooking water that I own and can afford to live in the rest of my life. A 500 sf room filled with floor to ceiling bookcases on each wall. A 500 sf writing studio with windows on two walls and one entire wall a dry erase board for plotting novels. Endless patience. Unlimited wisdom and understanding. Able to buy all courses from the Teaching Company. Opportunity to go back to school and get an MBA, an MFA in creative writing, and a Ph.D. in psychology. Win 3 Oscars. Great music that I can turn on at an instant, like American Standards, cool jazz, and classical. Win a Pulitzer Prize. My books on education and parenting on the NY Times best seller list for over a year. Speak of my books on C-Span on Book TV. Happy, healthy children and grandchildren, and a happy, healthy Leslie.

And then my husband, Leslie says my horoscope in the Corvallis Gazette Times this morning says I'm going to cause everyone a headache! Whatever.... I have the right to dream.

1 comment:

Doug van Orsow said...

If you are lucky enough to have a good public library nearby, you can save a bundle on the Teaching Company courses and just borrow them instead.

You may find my Teaching Company use forum helpful for picking out new courses best for your interests:

http://teachingcompany.12.forumer.com

Just ignore the annoying ads,

Doug van Orsow