Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Alsea Valley Voice

I enjoy editing the Alsea Valley Voice. I put it together myself using Microsoft Publisher at home. This is the most fun that I've had in Alsea since moving here 8 1/2 years ago. My last issue, February 2010 is my favorite since I started in July.

I'm working on the March issue right now and have six pages finished. I finish by the 23rd of the month so that I can turn it over to be printed and folded. It's mailed around the first.

It's wonderful to be able to say that you love what you do. Even though this is a volunteer effort, I get lots of enjoyment and pleasure in creating the pages each month. I love to interview people to showcase talent and their uniqueness. I love all the writing by other people who live in the area. I'm concentrating on doing the best I can each month and I'm grateful for the opportunity.

No comments: