Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Kerwin Values Survey

I took the Kerwin Values Survey at LBCC last week and learned more about my value system and what's important to me.

I learned that my "must have" career values are
1. come up with new ways of doing things
2. work with ideas
3. use my imagination
4. work at a place that shares my values, principles, ideals
5. be visionary or cutting edge
6. be contributor of ideas
I learned that my "like to have" career values are
1. work with people I respect
2. be respected
3. contribute to society or world
4. be artistically creative
5. be passionate about work
6. have money for the extras and luxuries I want

Years ago I took a test that said that the most important thing to me is to learn. Second was to achieve goals, and third was to be around people.

It's fun to learn about myself and narrow down what's important to me. Writing matches most everything and is never boring. I may not be able to achieve all the dreams I have or have had. My possibilities might seem narrow to some but not everyone is rich with unlimited resources. I do have the possibility of study, learning, reading books, writing, gardening, and exercising. My days are full and I have so much to be grateful for. My life may not have the balance I would like with family, friends, and opportunities but I do have many things to be thankful for. I believe that as long as I work hard to live each day the best I can, be kind to others, work hard that it will be enough. Not all is possible for all people. I was not born to riches. Everyone has the choice to live their life with honor, with intrigrity, and to make the decision to be the best they can be within the framework of what is possible for them.

No comments: