Sunday, September 30, 2012

A Japanese Family at Target

I witnessed something yesterday that was beautiful. A young son, probably a university student that I am guessing is Japanese was showing his parents, probably visiting their son, the neat escalator at Target in Northgate. It made me smile. It was cute and precious. There was so much respect and love shown in this family--the son for his parents and the parents for their son. The son was showing the father that he could put his cart through a shoot and it would ride down the escalator next to them. I marveled at this when I first moved to Northgate too. I thought it was amazing that you could let your cart ride too. It was wonderful to see this family. I have so much respect and admiration for the Japanese. They value academic achievement in the family. They respect one another. I am attracted to Asian people and feel comfortable around them because they value academic achievement and show respect for each other.

No comments: