Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Zumba Fever Tour



I signed up early for the Zumba Fever Tour to see featured Zumba dancers Armando Salcedo and Walter "Wally" Diaz. Both professional dancers are featured in the Exhilarate Zumba Fitness DVD's that I have. I got there early around 5:15 p.m. At 6 p.m. we were allowed in to meet the Zumba stars on a tour of 7 cities--Seattle, Portland, Bay Area, Los Angeles, San Diego, Las Vegas, Denver. Wally signed a card for me. See photo above with me next to Wally. 24 Hour Fitness Northgate Seattle was crowded and the basketball court was packed with Zumba enthusiastists when it started at 7 p.m. Wally is my favorite. He grew up in Columbia with Beto, who created Zumba in 1999. There is so much to Zumba that makes you smile as you dance and move. Marci Shimoff, New York Times best selling author of HAPPY FOR NO REASON, a book I need to read, says "...the Zumba experience gives you a double dose of endorphins, because on top of getting your heart pumping, it makes your heart sing!"

I know that when I am in a Zumba class, I am truly happy. A smile is on my face. I am moving. I am alive. I am not thinking about anything but being part of the experience of movement, dance, following the instructor, the music, and being part of a group dance. I love it. It is the happiest time of my week when I am in a Zumba class.

I didn't stay the entire time last night. I made it through 45 minutes. I can not always do all the high impact, jumping moves. I had a wonderful time. I'm so happy I went and I will never forget it. At first I was in the line at the beginning with a neat person who lives in Tacoma that I found out later goes to Zumba Conferences. I got out of line to buy a Zumba shirt. I love talking to new people and finding out what they do and what they think about. Zumba brings a bond.

No comments: