Friday, September 19, 2008

Alan Alda

On the Wednesday night show of The Late, Late Show with Craig Ferguson, Alan Alda was a guest hawking his new paperback out called THINGS I OVERHEARD WHILE TALKING TO MYSELF. It sounds like a good book. I remember watching the science show with Alan Alda as host but most of all, I remember Alan Alda from MASH. It was a great comedy.

My husband's cousin by marriage, David Haber, was an architect and set designer. He designed the sets for MASH. David Haber also designed the MacDonald's play yard structures. David Haber passed away. He was married to Carol Goldberg [later changed to Olbur] who is my husband's first cousin. It is a strange coincidence that she married someone with the last name of Haber. I didn't ever meet David or Carol Haber but I always wanted to. My husband told me that they once had Jerry Lewis over to their house. When my husband, Les visited their home in the LA area, Carol had acting classes in their home. It sounds like they were interesting people.

No comments: