Thursday, September 11, 2008

Walking

I've been walking up South Mountain Road for the last month quite regularly. I've lost only 5 pounds. I've also been trying to eat healthy and count calories.

Here's what I've done:
August 17--Sunday 1 hour, 20 minutes
August 18--Monday 1 hour, 30 minutes
August 19--Tuesday 1 hour, 36 minutes
August 23--Saturday 1 hour, 47 minutes
August 25--Monday 1 hour, 58 minutes
August 25--Monday 2 hours, 23 minutes
August 26--Tuesday 4 hours, 16 minutes
August 27--Wednesday 1 hour, 55 minutes
September 1--Monday 1 hour, 28 minutes
September 4--Thursday 1 hour, 46 minutes
September 5--Friday 1 hour, 40 minutes
September 7--Sunday 1 hour, 50 minutes
September 8--Monday 1 hour, 20 minutes
September 9--Tuesday 2 hours, 3 minutes
September 10--Wednesday 1 hour, 43 minutes

I think that most people would lose weight doing this but not me. I heard on the news about new research about the European fat gene. Well, I guess I got one of those. They said that you need to exercise and sweat four hours a day in order to keep your weight down. So I guess I need to up the amount of time that I exercise every day. The only time during this month period that I lost a few pounds was August 25 and August 26 when I exercised for four hours each day. Sometimes I wish I lived in an apartment across from Timberhill Athletic Club where I could swim every day and take classes. I would also use the elliptical runner for one hour every day. I really wish I could afford a gym quality Precor Elliptical runner at home. It would be great.

No comments: