Monday, September 08, 2008

Project Runway

I searched for this show at the suggestion of Craig Ferguson who is the host of the Late, Late Show with Craig Ferguson. I'm so glad I found it on the Bravo Channel.

This is a fun, off-the-charts creative reality show. The challenge for the show I watched was for a group of young fashion designers to design wearable garments from Saturn car parts. Yes, I said car parts! The group loaded up tail lights, seat belts, upholstery, and other stuff in carts and their imaginations started turning. Within hours, designs were drawn and garments were sewn. I love this show. One judge told one young woman who won the competition that her dress was good enough to take to Paris.

Project Runway reminds me of the clothing design class and competitions at Oregon State University when the students used to come into Joann Fabrics in Corvallis where I used to work. It was fun and exciting to wait on these students and listen to their dreams for the future and see their designs.

No comments: