Monday, September 15, 2008

Senator Gordon Smith

Senator Gordon Smith is running for reelection. Will I vote for him? No. One of the main reasons is because of his voting record in the Senate, because he hasn't protected Oregon, and because he's a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or LDS or a Mormon. Oh, you say, that's not nice to consider a person's religion. Well, if you had my experience, you might think twice. My husband tells me about an attorney who defends perverts and criminals who brags on Sunday that "I can get anyone off!" My husband heard him in this church in Corvallis. Is this really the kind of ethics you want to vote for? Oh, you say, one creep doesn't make everyone a creep. Well, I disagree because a lot of financial scams comes out of Salt Lake City. I've seen first hand the duplicitious behavior and the situational ethics. I've had my fill of it.

Senator Gordon Smith who is head of Mrs. Smith's frozen pies regularly pollutes the environment here in Oregon. Does he clean up his mess? No. The Pie Man pays the fines instead. Over and over he continues to pollute. Do I respect this? No.

The Willamette River should be full of salmon and trout. The Willamette River should have lots of little row boats with men fishing on a Saturday or Sunday. Does this happen? No! If you get close, it stinks. Pulp and paper mills, chemical industries have poured their chemicals into this river for years. We need to clean up Oregon, clean up the Willamette River, protect the environment, have universal health care, protect social security, protect children, end the shame of having homeless people, halt unbridled greed and unethical behavior, and protect the Constitution of the United States.

Privatizing social security will be the end of social security. Banks are failing right and left right now. Bail outs are unprecedented. Republicans just want social security money to keep it going a little longer. When the money goes, the elderly will be out on the street living under bridges eating out of dumpsters. Senator Gordon Smith doesn't want to protect social security. He wants to privatize social security. Bah, hum bug!

No comments: