Friday, August 21, 2009

500 pages a day

There is a 9 year old girl named Mia who was featured in the Corvallis Gazette Times on August 18. She goes to Ashbrook Independent School, the best school in the area, in my opinion for gifted and talented children. Mia is clearly a gifted child who is soaring even at 9 years old. She inspires me and makes my heart happy.

As a challenge to students at Ashbrook School, the kids are supposed to read 50 pages a day during the summer. Mia has no problem with that because she's reading an average of 500 pages a day and her Dad thinks that's a conservative estimate. Cool! She's so cute. When I think it is too daunting to read 100 pages a week for a writing critique group plus all I am doing, all I have to do is think about Mia. She inspires me.

During the school year, Mia reads 200 pages a day in addition to keeping up with the intensive academic curriculum at Ashbrook School, playing the piano, and gymnastics.

No comments: