Friday, August 28, 2009

Senator Orin Hatch

I called the office of Senator Orin Hatch this morning in Washington, D.C. and left a message with staff for the Senator. I called to urge the Senator to use his leadership and years in the Senate to work for single-payer health care to honor Senator Ted Kennedy.

Two nights ago around 2 a.m. or 3 a.m., I was up working on a writing project. Fox News was on in the other room. I walked by and stopped as Senator Hatch was speaking about everyone in the Senate working together to honor Senator Ted Kennedy and work on single-payer health care. I was surprised because I had the impression that Senator Hatch, up until now, was uncompromising unless it was his way, his answers, his solution. I'm pleasantly pleased.

I urge Senator Hatch to do the right thing and work hard to bring concensus in the Senate for single-payer health care.

We have the opportunity today, a moment in time that may never return, to work for real health care reform that puts people first, care first, prevention first.

No comments: