Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Anna

My son, Benjamin and his wife, Amanda sent train tickets as a gift to Les and I so we could come and visit Anna. She’s our newest grandchild and she just turned six months old. This is the third time I’ve gone to visit Anna on the train since she was born. I love spending time with her. She’s so good, so cute, and so smart. I wish I lived closer but I am so grateful to Ben that I get to see her so often.

Ben’s an amazing father. He’s always been there for Anna since she was born. He took time off work so he could care for her and spend time with Amanda. Anna waits for Ben to come home from work and I know it’s hard for him to not take her with him to Zymo Genetics. I'm glad that Amanda can stay home with Anna.

I love Green Lake, Ballard, and Seattle. I love the walking trail around Green Lake. I love the energy and intelligence of the people of Seattle. I love the great restaurants. While we were there, Ben and Amanda took us out to eat at Kidd Valley and Spuds in Green Lake, and Portage Bay in Ballard—some of my favorite places to eat.

The train makes it so much easier to travel. You can relax and not worry about the traffic between Alsea and Seattle driving on the freeway. Many business people travel on the train every day to meetings or to work. The dining car has a great menu. It’s fun to watch out the window. I love sitting on the western side of the train so I can see all the water from Olympia up to Seattle. Many students on the train bring their laptops and work. I enjoy reading on the train.

No comments: