Friday, December 04, 2009

Editing Blog

My goal is to edit my entire blog during this month and finish before January. I will be able to do this as long as there are no computer problems. This will, however, prevent me from meeting some of my other goals but at least it will be done and out of the way.

Some of my blog entries are getting in the way of my progress to move forward. This blog has been my way of reacting to the injustice I have felt and experienced. It is my truth. Everything said in this blog is true from my point of view. I have reacted like a victim in the past and not always stood up for myself. In a way, this blog has been my attempt to stand up for myself.

As a person, I am on many levels of ability and growth. I am continually trying to move forward and grow. I evaluate myself at least four times a year with the goal to improve. All you can do is work on yourself. You can't change others.

The question is do I erase my truth as if it never existed because it makes others uncomfortable? Do I have the right to stand up against things that have happened that were unfair and unjust? I think so. Maybe I should publish a memoir.

2 comments:

MUD said...

Editing your past blogs is like apologising for who you were. Read them proudly and see if there is anything you need to change for you. If you change one thing for me, you will have missed what self improvement really is. I wish you well, but learning to like you as you are is a lot better than changing so you can like yourself - perhaps. MUD, aka ridingwithmud@blogspot.com

Wendy Marie Haber said...

I agree. That is why I have stubbornly let it stand as is. I told the truth, my truth as I lived it at the time. For better or worse, these were my feelings and the truth as it was for me. My blog has helped me work through difficult times, heal, and come out the other side a better person. I still don't know the reasons why there have been so many difficult times. Maybe I will never learn. I know I will not blindly follow anyone or any group.
Thanks for your comment.