Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Health Care Reform

I'm disappointed that health care reform is so difficult to achieve. Democrats have the votes needed to make the public option a reality and yet they drag their feet and find reasons why it can't happen. With our economic system gutted by Republican greed, there are so many reasons why health care reform is needed. We need a basic level of care for all Americans.

I don't have health insurance. I don't have savings. I don't have a job.

I am trying to exercise and eat healthy to prevent problems, which I think is the answer anyway.

In the last few years I have lost my blind faith in doctors. I used to think that having a M.D. after your name, meant that you knew all the answers. Now I know that only 15% of medicine is evidence based, which means that 85% is guesswork. I've come across too many doctors who do not know answers and yet you need to pay them anyway. It makes me think that a significant number of doctors have come down with TDD, which seems to be going around in many professions. What is TDD, you ask? TDD = Too Damn Dumb

So just when are Democrats going to get the backbone and vote for the public option?

I am for singlepayer health care. I'm for having large corporations pay their fair share so that we can have a basic level of care in this country. I'm also for wealthy individuals who make over $250,000 a year to pay their fair share. Tax loop holes need to be plugged. There shouldn't be people who are homeless or hungry. People who need health care should get it without having to worry that they will go bankrupt. Congress needs to put a cap on greed to solve some of these problems in our country.

No comments: