Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Little LuLu

I loved Little Lulu as a little girl. I saw a Little Lulu doll this evening in a doll collection. I remember buying every comic book about Little Lulu that was sold as soon as I could turn the pages. I had stacks and stacks of Little Lulu comics. My Dad would buy me a $1.00 worth of penny candy, which was a lot in those days and $1.00 worth of funny books or 10 comic books.

I still have a drawing that I drew of Little Lulu when I was a little girl. If you are around my age, your parents probably read Dr. Spock. His book was the parent's bible. Dr. Spock recommended enemas. I drew a picture of Little Lulu having an enema, of all things and she didn't look happy. My husband had to endure enemas too, thanks to Dr. Spock.

It sure would be fun to see some Little Lulu comic books. She was a positive, strong role model for little girls.

No comments: