I put an urgency in the process because last night I created the website for myself as an instructor on zumba.com. My web address for my website is http://wendyhaber3.zumba.com. Next I have to order business cards, insurance, and a headset.
Today I picked one song and did it over and over for ten times. The last two times, I turned my back on the television and just listened to the prompts on the TV from the DVD. I will have it nailed when I just listen to the music on my ipod and can dance the choreography over and over without any problem. I'm almost there. I know it. It feels great.
What song did I pick? I picked a cumbia. I picked a cumbia on purpose for several reasons.
- Cumbia is Beto Perez favorite dance.
- Cumbia is from Columbia where Beto Perez was born and the birthplace of Zumba.
- Cumbia has dance moves called the "sleepy leg" which is based on the history of slaves being chained together and dancing dragging their chains in the fields.
- Cumbia has the "sugar cane" dance move which is based on the history of slaves cutting sugar cane in the fields.
- The choreography for the song I picked is easy.
- This song and the choreography comes from the Zumba Gold training.
- Cumbia is a happy music in triumph of difficult times and sadness.
- Cumbia will always be my favorite for the above reasons and this is the reason why I picked it first.