Sunday, February 25, 2007

Alexander the Great

I spoke with Alexander the Great and his Dad, Joe yesterday. Joe, my son was working with Alex on his homework. Alex is 8 years old. He was writing sentences using his spelling words. Joe was guiding him and encouraging him to write neatly. I'm proud of the kind of Dad that Joe is to Alex. They spend a lot of time together. Joe encourages Alex to read, to do his homework, and he encourages good values.

Last year as a bedtime story, Joe read the Oddessey to Alex at Alex's request. Now Joe is reading the Iliad to Alex. Alex is learning first hand the original source of the stories of Hercules and some of the other super heroes from Disney and his story books. Joe reads great literature and talks about what he reads to Alex. I'm so proud of Joe and how he spends his time. I'm so proud that Alex is reading every day and that he does his homework.

Alexander is smart, creative, and wants to be a movie director someday. I'm proud to be his Grandma.

No comments: