Sunday, February 04, 2007

Joann Fabrics

I started working at Joann Fabrics in Corvallis, Oregon on 9th Street on December 21, 2006. I work part time. It's a great job for me since this store sells everything that I love from fabric to yarn, scrapbooking to sewing patterns. With a little jingle in my pocket, I can afford to do a few more things. I just had my sewing machine fixed, which hadn't been serviced in several years.

It's fun because I have something in common with everyone who walks through the door. I hear about creative projects and meet so many nice people.

I concentrate on trying to give the best service possible, working hard, and doing my best.

We just had a great sale of $1 a yard fabric. Several customers have commented that it must be hard to not spend my whole paycheck at Joann's. Yes, it sure is tempting. So many great sales and so many items that I have been wanting to buy. My next purchase will be scrapbook albums that are on sale for 50% off until the 10th of the month.

Working 9.5 and 10 hour days on some weeks isn't easy for me. Since I have osteoarthritis in my feet and I'm overweight, it's not always easy to work the long hours. I'm grateful that this week will be easier.

I'm sick this evening. I have a fever of 101.9 and I feel miserable. Working around others brings you in contact with more germs. My son says I'll toughen up.

No comments: