Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Benjamin Haber

In my book, Ben walks on water. He's always been perfect. When he was a little baby, I used to dance with him around the kitchen and front room. He played chess at three years old. He's always made me happy and made my heart sing. He's good natured, brilliant, works hard, has a kind heart, and is the best person I know. He hasn't had it easy. He's persisted and worked hard to achieve everything he has accomplished. He's fun and I love just spending time with him. Time is the most precious gift. He makes me laugh and he can brighten my world any time he calls, which was a couple of days ago.

Ben deserves every success, every happiness. I'm so proud of him. I've always called him my Golden Boy. He's a distance runner and has a run a marathon in less than 2 hours and 40 minutes so he's smokin'. He's running the Eugene Marathon in April with his brother, Daniel. Now if we can just get all three brothers running together--Ben, Daniel, and Joe. Joe used to run in high school. Joe went to Steens Mountain Running Camp two different summers and is a great runner. He stopped for several years. Ben went to Steens one summer.

I'm so proud that Ben graduated from Northwestern University with a degree in biomedical engineering, the BEST university in my book. Ben has a brilliant mind. At Northwestern, he started the running club. At his graduation Bill Cosby spoke. What a thrill!

Ben has always worked for pharmaceutical companies and now works for Zymo Genetics, the place that has been voted as the best place to work in Washington. I'm glad he's happy where he works. Ben loves Seattle. He has his running. He loves the city. Ben owns two houses. One in Ballard and the other in Green Lake where he lives, which is close to where his running group meets. Ben runs for Seattle Running Company. You just have to do a google search to see how terrific he is. Only greatness exudes from Ben and yes, his mother thinks he walks on water.

Ben took me to see the Seattle Art Museum, the Symphony, the Northwest Ballet Company to see the Nutcracker, to eat at Salty's, and more. Ben deserves everything good and the best that life has to offer because he's truly a good person who works hard at everything he does.

Ben married Amanda Label last September and they live in the "happily ever after" house in Green Lake.

No comments: