Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Gottchalks

I LOVE Gottchalks! They have great sales on merchandise that I am proud to give as a gift. It's fun to shop at Gottchalks. On Tuesdays I get the discount for being over 55 and I get two gifts wrapped free. Such a deal!

I remember shopping at Gottchalks in Santa Maria, California when I lived in Arroyo Grande from 1978 to 1982.

Gottchalks is always the best store in town. The store where you are proud to buy gifts for your loved ones and where you can find sales to match your budget.

I shop at the Albany store when I have some extra money. This year I'm determined to have all birthdays and Christmas gifts finished way ahead of time.

Yesterday I finished writing the jingle to the tune of I've Got Rhythm. It ended up being a song for Wal-Mart which I posted in my blog but I started writing it for Gottchalks. However, Gottchalks is more subdued. I don't see them singing in the isles with the same enthusiasm as Wal-Mart who has the sales meetings that mimic a political convention.

When I shop at Gottchalks and see the 60% signs posted, a band plays in my heart and confetti falls from the ceiling. A great smile spreads over my face as I select an item for one of my children to make them happy. The last time I was at Gottchalks, I saw a Lennox Christmas table cloth with napkins for 70% off. Wow! Yes, in my heart, I am singing in Gottchalks about all the great buys. It's fun to shop. I don't have the kind of extra money that allows me to shop the way I would like but once in awhile, I can buy a couple of things for a gift to make my children happy, and I enjoy every minute of the fun.

Thank you Gottchalks for being there with the great sales for everyone on quality merchandise that anyone would be proud to give as a gift!

No comments: