Monday, February 19, 2007

Daniel Haber

My youngest son, Daniel is at Duke University right now and will interview for the MBA program tomorrow. Next he'll fly off to interview at Yale University, then on to the University of Michigan and last at Northwestern University. All are top MBA programs and he will do well at any of these top schools.

I'm so proud of Daniel. I'm proud of the person that he is inside who makes time for people and has compassion. I'm proud of his determination to reach all his goals. He's always planned where he wants to go in life and then works hard to achieve the next step. He's amazing. He has a brilliant mind and can have deep conversations with the best minds on a range of subjects. He can bring original thoughts to these conversations and solve problems that stump experts. He's working hard in life to reach out for the best education available and will be a credit to any of these top universities. He hasn't had an easy life handed to him without financial worries. He's worked hard for everything he has. He's a good person and I admire him. He's my hero who inspires me in life.

Daniel just received a promotion as Research Scientist at Battell in Mountain View, California working exclusively with NASA Ames. He plans to continue working with them after graduation.
Daniel is the most ambitious of all my children. I have no doubt that his picture will be on the cover of business and news magazines some day for his achievements. He's amazing.

His first choice is Northwestern University where his older brother, Benjamin graduated with a degree in biomedical engineering. Ben and Daniel will run in the Eugene Marathon this April in Eugene, Oregon together.

Where will Daniel go to school? Any of these universities would be blessed to have such an outstanding young man on campus who will contribute and be a great example to other students. I sincerely pray that he will go to the school where he will be treated with respect and receive the best education available by the best teachers in this country. He deserves it and will go on to make major contributions. I've always been proud of Daniel. I'm proud he's my son and I want the very best for him always. I sure do love him. He has such a kind heart and always takes the time to talk to me, no matter how busy he is. He has been my life line a few times since I don't have any real friends. Daniel listens and respects me. I'm grateful for him and I'm proud of the person that he is inside.

I've always been impressed with Northwestern University where Ben graduated. I remember attending Ben's graduation and listening to Bill Cosby speak to a packed crowd. I love reading the alumni magazines that Ben receives from Northwestern and reading the articles about the latest research and important thoughts from brilliant professors. I wish in my heart that I could go back to school for my Master of Fine Arts at Northwestern too. Probably not in the cards for me at 58 but Daniel is just starting out and will do well at any of these top universities.

No comments: