Thursday, April 05, 2007

April Novel

I started a new novel this morning. I'm plotting as I go and I'm using the Nano word schedule that is in the book by Chris Baty for National Novel Writing Month in November. I need to have a constant novel going at all times to work on in the morning when I get up. I finished my word count and my day was great.

It's amazing where a story will take you and the surprises you find on the page. My stories always stay within certain perimeters. There are some things I just won't write about. I don't want to write anything that I wouldn't want to show my grandchildren. I want to feel proud of what I write. I want to tell a story and make people think. I have fun with the loops and turns that I hadn't anticipated on the page. It happened even this morning right off. It's fun.

No comments: