Friday, April 20, 2007

Supreme Court



My husband told me that he heard over Fox News that the U.S. Supreme Court has banned partial birth abortions. It's about time! I have never understood how any doctor who takes the Hipocratic Oath can justify partial birth abortions except in extreme cases where the mother's life is threatened.

I can understand abortion only in limited cases but not as a birth control. I can understand a young woman who wants another chance in life. I can understand in the cases of rape, incest, when the baby is brain damaged or retarded, when the mother is a drug abuser, and when the mother's life is threatened. However, if a woman has three abortions, I think it's time to look at sterilization. We are talking about human life and it should be protected.

I've always been interested in the U.S. Supreme Court. When I homeschooled my children in Arroyo Grande, California, we debated famous Supreme Court law cases. My oldest son, Aaron aspired to be Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court. The photo above is my son, Aaron on the top bunk sometime after his birthday since the balloons have deflated and sitting on the bottom bunk are Gretchen and Benjamin. Notice the Happy Birthday sign that said "Future Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court, Aaron R. Haber!"

Years later my husband and I visited the U.S. Supreme Court in Washington, D.C. It was my favorite place. Next was the Holocaust Museum, then the Smithsonian.

No comments: