Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Creating a Business

I've decided to start a business and initiated the design patent process with legalzoom.com as recommended by Kim Commando at www.commando.com, a radio show that I listen to about computers as I drive to work on Sunday mornings. They seem to be a great online legal firm with a great reputation.

I've already outlined basic overall strategy and a business plan.

I was inspired to take action based on one of my inventions after reading an article in the Corvallis Gazette Times about an Alsea resident who designed a gate latch for her horse. Scotty Jones found a patent firm in Philomath. She's smarter than I because I couldn't find reference to it. My husband, Leslie already purchased her gate latch for our front gate on the driveway before this article was published in the newspaper. How exciting to see new designs and products launched and sold! Scotty Jones sells this unique gate latch at www.u-latch.com.

I later found out about the Patent Agent in Philomath and got her name and number. I've met her before. Lori Friedman brilliant and a nice person. I met her at Timberhill Athletic Club. I'm sitting on several ideas and inventions.

No comments: