Monday, June 25, 2007

2007 Maui Writers Conference

I got the conference brochure for the 2007 Maui Writers Conference in the mail and dream about going. Can you imagine learning from Ron Howard, Frank McCourt, Barbara Kingsolver, Mitch Albom, Carrie Fisher, Tony Hillerman, Robin Cook, Nicholas Sparks, and dozens of other writing heroes? I dream of it. I've always wanted to go. Maybe someday I can.

Lisa Nichols will be at the conference, who is known as Iyanla from Starting Over on television, another one of my heroes who dares to tell the truth and who cares about people.

The news in this brochure tells me that for only $20, you can sign up to attend the conference and never leave home. IF my computer keeps working without interference and IF I can get speakers for my computer, I'm going to be listening. I'm also dreaming of an Ipod so I can download these writing workshops--each one important and each one with great wisdom for anyone who takes writing seriously.

http://www.mauiwriters.com/

No comments: