Monday, June 04, 2007

Why?

On Monday, May 28th, I had a day off. My husband, Leslie and I went into Corvallis and saw a movie, Pirates of the Caribbean. It was great and for three hours, we escaped into an exciting adventure with Johnny Depp and pirates.

When we came home, I noticed first thing that my red purse was on the kitchen table, even though I had left it across the room next to my other purse just before we left the house. The clasp was bent. I bent it back. Later I found my handwritten notes missing out of my work journal that I didn't have time to type yet. I had punched holes in several sheets from a legal pad and put them in my notebook but they were gone. I found fabric missing--about three yards of Hoffman batik sunflower print that I had been saving for several years because it's my favorite. I went into my bin to discover it was no longer filled to the top but 2/3 of the way full. I found some Hoffman batik sunflower fat quarters in a plastic bag at the bottom but there was a lot of fabric missing. What else is missing?

The bigger question is why does this continue to happen? We have a security system. We pay every month to have a national security system monitor our house and we use it when we leave the house. We closed the gate. No one has keys to the house. After Christmas we changed the locks on the house. Our kids don't have keys to the house. I don't have any close friends and haven't given the key to anyone. So how can this happen? Why? I sure wish someone would have the courage to tell me.

I don't get a lot of phone calls but when I do there are clicks on the line. Why?

I'm trying hard every day to do the best I can--to work hard at my job that I enjoy, to eat healthy, to lose weight, to exercise when I have time, to write, to read. I'm a nice person. So why? I guess this is truly the time of Big Brother but why me?

No comments: