Monday, June 04, 2007

Weight Watchers

Since I started Weight Watchers a month ago, I've lost over 10 pounds so far. I sure hope I continue to lose. I'm really trying hard. I need to go to Weight Watchers because I need to watch my weight, my portions, and to be held accountable for what I eat. I eat healthy but I can get out of control quickly since I love good food.

At the last meeting I learned that there is no such thing as failure, only feedback or consider it a learning experience. "Refuse to accept anything less than success" was written on a flip chart. Then Nancy talked about Sir Edmund Hilliary after he failed at his first attempt to climb Mount Everest. In front of a large audience, he looked at a photo of the mountain and said, "You've grown all you're going to grow but I'm still growing."

Some great tips were discussed by Nancy:
1. have healthy foods ready to eat that I enjoy eating. 2. keep trouble foods out of sight. 3. relax and take naps. 4. make a unrelenting schedule for meal time. 5. plan your food and outings. 6. take time out for prep time after shopping to cut up your veggies so they aren't wasted. 7. relax with a hobby to feed your soul. 8. keep your house nice so you don't feel stressed. 9. keep away from stressful relationships and toxic friends. 10. accept things that you can't change. 11. have prepared things ready to do that are stress outlets when you want to reach for food.

Nancy talked about a great meal that she made with baby bok choy, hearts of romaine, Mrs. Dash, and boneless, skinless chicken thighs. Sounds great!

Weight Watcher meetings are always inspirational. One member reached her goal weight at the last meeting. Many do with Weight Watchers. You just have to keep going to meetings, keep watching your food portions, and exercise.

No comments: