Wednesday, June 11, 2008

12 Kids

I wanted 12 kids. I had five. Each is precious to me. If I would have had 12 kids, maybe I'd still have someone left at home. When my kids grew up, my fun left. I can't help it but I had the BEST kids in the world. I've never known any other mother to have great kids like mine. They are the ones I enjoy talking to, kidding around with, laughing with, and spending time with. There just isn't anyone else in the world as great as my kids. They are all independent, successful and busy with their own lives.

I especially love Daniel. He's the only one not married but he's so busy. After your kids get married, that's it. Daniel's so precious and takes the time to talk to his mom even when he doesn't have time. I always try hard not to bother him. I love discussing world issues, solving global problems, and inventing new solutions with him. Daniel's the youngest. He was born on June 15, 1980 in San Luis Obispo, California. He was the first Father's Day baby of the year in 1980 in San Luis Obispo County, and our family was in the newspaper celebrating Daniel's birth.

I think being a mother is the greatest job in the world. It's much better than anything else and much more important since you are molding and sculpting lives that can potentially change the world to make a difference. I'm very proud of how all my children turned out. I think that's the only thing that I accomplished in life was to have great kids. They work hard and never give up. They work hard to be the best they can be and each is amazing.

Being a mother is much more fun than being a grandmother. As a grandmother, you don't get to be around your grandchildren all the time. The parents are the ones who get to have all the fun. The grandparents who are lucky get to live close to their grandchildren and be part of their lives.

You know the reason why I wanted to have 12 kids?.....The reason is because I grew up alone as an only child and I thought it would be glorious to have the house alive with laughter and fun. It was grand.

No comments: