Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Michele Obama

Michele Obama made a comment that was in the news that some "people are mean." I agree and it's refreshing to hear someone tell the truth. I like her. She's genuine and nice.

I think that people in positions of power are so used to spinning the truth and saying what people want to hear that few people really tell the truth anymore. Religious people spin the truth even though one of the ten commandments is to not bear false witness. Leaders of large corporations spin the truth to make everything appear better than it is. Many self help books are filled with words that say to concentrate on the positive and ignore anything negative. The problem with all this is that when people count on the truth when they make a decision, the outcome is faulty.

I think it's important to tell the truth and be honest. I'd rather know the truth about everything.

No comments: