Friday, November 14, 2008

Der Dutchman

I visited Columbus, Ohio from October 14th to October 21st. I had a great time. The plane ticket was a gift from my son, Daniel and it was wonderful to see him.

During this visit, I went to the BEST restaurant that I've ever eaten at in my life--Der Dutchman. It was in Walnut Creek in Amish country. The food was all made from scratch from the freshest ingredients. I ordered the Amish Country Sampler for $11.49. This is what it says on the menu about my selection, "At an Amish barn-raising meal or a Mennonite church potluck there is always a variety of meats and lots of home-cooked foods to try. The sampler will give you a taste of our most popular items. Includes real mashed potatoes and gravy, dressing, green beans or cream corn, dinner rolls, and salad bar. Choose between broasted or baked chicken, roast beef, ham or turkey." I had tender melt-in-your-mouth turkey and chicken. Everything was delicious. Everyone who served the tables and at the desk treated everyone with respect and consideration. You are treated as an important guest. You are given the best food and made to feel special. I'll never forget this meal. Der Dutchman has set the highest standard of excellence in my mind for a restaurant, no matter where or what the price.

It's definately worth the trip to travel to Walnut Creek, Ohio to visit Der Dutchman. I'm never forget seeing the black buggies and horses on all the roads, the kind people in the area, and the picturesque farms.

No comments: