Friday, November 14, 2008

Preventing Dental Cavities

I was watching Beyond Tomorrow on the Science Channel and enjoyed learning about the great advances in dental medicine and practice in Sweden. Dr. Charlotte Mattsson from Gotenburg, Sweden has been working on new research to prevent cavities and the end to the drilling of teeth at Gotenburg University. I think it's time that we learn from the greatest advances in medicine from other countries who are more advanced than we.

Preventiion should always come first. Now when patients come into see Dr. Mattsson at Odontologen in Gotenburg for a routine visit, they get a single spray of good bacteria. Dr. Mattsson has found that good bacteria inhibits bad tooth decay bacteria and that by adding beneficial bacteria back in the mouth, it prevents cavaties. Yahoo! I think we should listen. I think we should learn from this research and dental practice.

Any time I hear about anything from Sweden, I'm interested because my Dad's family all came from Sweden. I would love to visit Sweden someday.

No comments: