Sunday, November 30, 2008

NANOWRIMO 2008 Winner

I just finished National Novel Writing Month around 2 p.m. today with 50,398 words as wendywrites. The title of my novel is The Last Hurrah. I think it's mainstream fiction but it has mystery and suspense elements in it. I had so much fun this month. I love my characters and I want to write a sequel to see what other adventure they will have next.

I'm very impressed with this website. http://www.nanowrimo.org/ has helped so many writers accomplish their dream of writing and finishing a novel. I'm proud of myself that I finished, in spite of being sick, and having other things that urgently needed my attention. I'm proud that I finished despite everything. I'm proud that my book is the best first draft of a novel that I have written so far and I plan on writing a screenplay this April based on this book. http://www.scriptfrenzy.org/.
Please go to these websites and donate money to keep the great work of these websites moving forward. Please donate generously. Please. I can't think of a website that helps so many writers actually achieve their goal of finishing a novel. Thousands all over the world participate. It's inspiring. Hats off to Chris Baty, the writing hero, who started the whole thing ten years ago!

No comments: